Pixelsumo is a blog about interaction, with an emphasis on play, installation, video game culture, playgrounds and toys. Written by Chris O'Shea.
The team that brought us the powerful Reactable have put their work in turning the tangible instrument into an iPhone/iPad app. Reactable Mobile is priced at $10, which in app store world is not the norm these days, but it is a quality product for people serious with their music making.
* Universal App for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
* High quality 44kHz stereo sound quality
* Accelerometer and microphone input
* 20 virtual objects
* Import of custom samples and loops
* Save and share your sessions
A set of generator objects:
– loop players, with possibility to upload your own loops,
– synthesizers, with a large range of instruments to select from,
– oscillators, to synthesise pure and complex tones,
– input, to get audio directly from the device’s microphone.
A set of effects to modify generated sounds:
– wave shapers: distortion, compression, and resampling,
– delays: reverb, feedback, and ping-pong,
– modulators: ring modulation, chorus, and flanger,
– filters: low pass, high pass, and band pass.
A set of controller objects to modify other objects parameters:
– sequencers, with step-by-step, matrix, or random modes,
– low frequency oscillators (LFO), with different waveforms,
– accelerometer, to fetch data from the movement of the device.
A set of global objects to modify the settings of the entire table:
– tempo, to change the speed of the table,
– volume, to lower or increase the loudness,
– tonalizer, to change the harmony of the melody.